Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Little Prince

Title: The Little Prince
Author: Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Pages: 97

I have decided to start off my part of the campaign with a classic..a classic kid's book, to be exact. I received the Fiftieth Anniversary Edition of The Little Prince, complete with a description page, the manuscript draft, a ribbon for use as a placeholder and a box for safekeeping, before I was even a month old, for my first Christmas - I was a little shocked after reading it, I must say, that I was gifted with such a deep, moving and rather disturbing book as a newborn!

But, judging by its content, I now understand why kids who grew up in the past behaved so differently than children of today. Nobody must have cared about protecting their kin's mind from corruption back then!

The Little Prince describes the short, yet emotional journey for survival of the narrator and a strange young boy known as 'The Little Prince' after the narrator's crash landing in the middle of the Sahara desert. During their hardships, The Little Prince tells stories of his home, an asteroid scarcely bigger than a house where the three volcanoes reach up to his knees and baobabs constantly try to take root in order to destroy it, as well as his trip to Earth and the odd adults he meets along the way.

I will reveal no more - if you want to know what happens, go get a copy of the book or ask to borrow mine. I'm more than happy to lend it, but I request, no, demand that it is kept in the box when you're not reading it and looked after with utmost care. It's special, and I don't want you losing it. Be very sure that you do not misplace the description page!

The Little Prince is one of the most amazing books I've ever read - not to mention the prince is adorable! I highly recommend it, so please do consider reading!

- Kasey

3 comments:

Forsberg said...

wow. that book sounds------okay i'll admit it, strage. it sounds totally made up, no way that much could happen to a little boy. or maybe i miread your description. but he crash lands in a desert? a meteor? and the holocaust???? I'M CONFUSED!!!!!!!!

*~kenzaaaaaaaaaaay~*

Forsberg said...

I said something about the holocaust?

And, yeah, I'm pretty sure it's entirely fictious (though the author actually did crash in the Sahara once), but near the end he's all paranoid and asks the readers that if they ever see or hear of a boy similar to The Little Prince, they contact him immediately. Too bad he's dead!

- Kasey

Forsberg said...

It was the book night that someone said something about the holocaust on



-nathan