Monday, October 27, 2008

Big Friendly Giant Said to be Seen.

Book_♥; The BFG
Author_♥; Roald Dahl
Pages_♥; 208

I have finished reading The BFG by Roald Dahl, and I tell you, it is absotively posilutely outstanding. Some may think that Roald Dahl has no point in the books he writes, but I find them very amusing. :) The style that Dahl writes in is unique and won't be recreated this well anytime soon. He connects the real-life to the fairytale-life in the most creative ways. So I suggest that you stick your nose into one of these books and get it over with instead of going through life wondering what Roald Dahl's books were like. A good way starting point is The BFG !

I have just started this book, and so far, and orphan named Sophie is snatched from her room into the hands of a giant. The giant's actions are very suspicious to Sophie, and she fears tremdously that the giant will eat her. She then finds out that the giant has a hilarious secret. He is a non-human-eating giant, a big friendly giant ! Although he is a non-human-eating giant, it doesn't mean the others aren't. The other giants are labled with horrid names and do unimaginable things. As of right now, Sophie is just relieved that the BFG will not eat her.

As the book proceeds, Sophie finds out the other giants are up to no good. They are going to her home country, England, to chew up many more children! Sophie and the BFG come up with a VERY clever plan, but will it work? Well, I can't tell you ! Read this marvelous book and you will be truly captured. ;)

amy !

6 comments:

Forsberg said...

'The BFG' is one of those books everybody in school seems to have read but I haven't. I'm pretty out of the loop..

Well, at least I know what BFG stands for, now. Though I don't think I'll pick up a book by Dahl any time soon - I like to think I've grown out of him.

The 'comment deleted' thing is there because I forgot to put my name, by the way.

- Kasey

Forsberg said...

Kasey,

Thankyou for the comment ;)

Even if you don't pick up a Roald Dahl book anytime soon, I'm pretty sure that your children (if you get any) will read at least one of them. The books have been a part of my childhood, just as "The Magic Treehouse" was and "Junie B. Jones". Of course we've grown out of them, but they are still a big part of our lives, don't you think?

-amy!

Forsberg said...

Ive never read BFG but i do like Roald Dahl. My favorite book of his is either the Witches or something that has Pelly and me in the title but i forgot exactly what it is called

Forsberg said...

who posted the one about the witches? i like that book too.


~kenzie~

Forsberg said...

Finally! Someone who understands that Roald Dahl somehow magically pulls in the "tween" demographic! I do have one question though, so far of your reading, are there any random surprises that might make the material more, how could I put this, awesome?

Forsberg said...

Please remember to put your names after your comments, I feel like I'm talking to myself. Hahaha, well, to the comment on November 7th:

This is probably the third time I've read this book, but somehow, for all 3 of these times, I felt like it was the first times I've read the book. The ending of each chapter seems to force me to read the next. But in this case, that is a good thing. ;)

-amy!