Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Star Wars Boba Fett The Fight to Survive

This is abook about Boba Fett one of the galaxy's fiercest bounty Hunters. His father was the most powerful bounty hunter in his time. Boba loses his dad at 12 and has to fight for his in the of a galaxy at war. It is 157 pages long and written by Terry Bisson. I liked it because it told the story of one of my favorite Star Wars characters ever.

It is also interesting that the book describes the culture of geonosians who appear insignificant but actually without them the seperatist army would rely completely on Baktoid armor which isnt big enough to support as much demand as the seperatists need. This book goes into why the geonosians are able to make droids better than Baktoid (the main reason is that when they are born in their hives they are given a starfighter to take care of and usually dont have anything else to do but mess with droids). I found it very fascinating to learn that much about a species that is wrongly not treated as a key part in the Star Wars saga.

-Nathan

2 comments:

Forsberg said...

Nathan,

I heard you in class mentioning that there are numerous Star Wars books, too much to read in a lifetime. So I thought about what you said, and I made a goal to read at least one of them. This book about "Boba Fett" interests me the most at the moment. Not only does his name resemble my favorite drink, the story line sounds like a story to read. I'm wondering, though, if I start reading this book, will I get confused because it doesn't supply any Star Wars background ?

-amy !

Forsberg said...

Amy, I think that it my be a little confusing but I read it when I was six years old and didnt know much about Star Wars but i still liked it a lot. Dont get me wrong when I said I read it at six, it was way higher than my level when i was reading it.