Saturday, December 6, 2008

Language Arts class

We just finished reading A Christmas Carol in the 7th grade language arts class. It is five chapters long and written by Charles Dickens. It is about a grouchy man named Scrooge who is taught a lesson by a few spirits ands starts to live a better life after their encounter. I think Charles Dickens certainly lives up to his role as second to Shakespeare. The only part about the story that I had a problem with is that it was hard to understand at some times.

-Nathan

1 comment:

Forsberg said...

Nathan,


Now that I realize it, this book has changed the way I look at things. For instance, when you talked about the crippled gingerbread man in Shrek, I thought he was only a funny character, until I read this. There must be tons of other things that allude back to A Christmas Carol, but as of right now, I'll just stick with finally knowing the story. :) Can you think of any other allusions ?

- amy!