Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Home of the Braves

On the 30th of November, I finished the book Home of the Braves by David Klass. This 312 page novel has no comparison with his book You Don' Know Me, written at a later date. When I checked this book was published in 2002. The story begins with a preface of the school being haunted and all of other detail that will really pull the reader in, however, the book doesnt follow through with those details. I was hoping for a fast on the edge novel, where the main character Joe, would solve some sort of mystery linking the new kid, and the mysteries of their high school's legacy, however, the details skipped around. I am in no way saying that the book isn't well written, I was disappointed. The story takes plae in New Jersey, focusing on the life of Joe Brickman, when all of a sudden, a new Brazilian soccer star comes racing forth, stealing glory, helpping out the popularity of the soccer team, but making things hectic. Maybe some where in my reading I missed the point of where Brickman made some sort of connection but I didn't find one.

But one thing is for sure, when Klass gets down to the craving mischief, and bumping throwdowns teens love, he does it well. As I read, I found myself, ready for more action, standing up, screaming, and well, thats just my wild TRACIA-ness factor, but do you get what the point is? I am telling you, rather, COMMANDING YOU, to at least give the book a chance. Even though I was let down, I am one person, with her opionion [sp?], so check it out.


-->Tracia Banuelos

No comments: