Friday, November 7, 2008

So B. It

So I just recently read So B. It by Sarah Weeks, and its only 243 pages. However it is quite an interseting read. The main character Hiedi, or thats who she believes she is, goes on a realld raddicals jourey to uncover her menatlly disabled mothers past. I have to say I had doubts about this book at first, however I realized it got into the conflict pretty quick. Hiedi's mother, who is So B. It [ she has a real name buhht that is unconvered later on in the book] says the word soof when anything good happens. Yet, she also says it when bad things happen. That got to me. As I read more deeper int the book , I couldnt believe the things happening, and then it hit me, the book is fiction. One thing I believe the author could have done better was describe the natural settings around Hiedi on her journey. She travels to New York, from a locatin that i forgot [hehe(;] And the way the author desribes it, it just doesnt fit the strory line at all. She travels between bus station to station, however the reader might get lost.

However, if you want a quick captivating read for the campagn [sp?] you should consider this book. It is not very girlie, and the plot twist was phenomenal. I was very pleased that it did not turn out the way I would have hoped it would, and it is quite odd to think about. Just remember one thing: Just because you may be ill, it doesnt mean you cant accomplish anything!

--> Tracia Banuelos(;

2 comments:

Forsberg said...

Wow, sounds kind of interesting. Is it in the library?
-Derek

Forsberg said...

wow. that sounds like a really interesting read. where can i find it?


~kenzie~