Monday, November 24, 2008

Crank by Ellen Hopkins

At an earlier date, I posted a blog about the book Impulse, by this same author. However I did not go in to full detail, but let's not get side tracted. I bought the book Crank on Friday the 21st, and finished it Sunday evening. It was that thrilling, and did I mention only a minimum of 537 pages? It is her[Hopkins] first novel and it is marvelous. The way sh elets the text literally flows to inhance the readers enjoyment of teh book really captivates me[plus how short the pages are!]. On with the sorty shall we? Now, before I talk about the book, let me warn you, this book was not found in the CMS library, I bought it at Barnes&Noble[s?] for $9.99. So if your parents don't approve of you readinga book about a seventeen year old girl with her wacky date with the monster, Crank, then don't say I didn't tell you so. The girls birth name is Kristina, however she turned into a drug thirsty woman, by the name of Bree. Bree gives her confidence, she speaks her mind, [and fliration skills!]. Yet, Bree is not the one that is going to give birth. Bree is not the gifted straight A junior in high school, she is a repercussion of bad parental skills. As the story begins, take note of the visit she has with her biological father in New Mexico. That leads off the story! As Kristina tries to find her true self inside this binge, Bree takes over. Bree gives her comfort, Bree gives her what she dreamed. Bree gives her what she wanted, but not what she needs. Before you know it, you will be at the end of the book! Don't worry people, there is a sequel Glass [which i will also purchase at a date unknown].I highly encourage any one and everyone WITHIN LIMITS to read this book, for the sake of their own good will.

--> Tracia Banuelos

No comments: